We were wrong

Ref. my previous post – you proved us wrong. New RC incoming within a few days.

The Bug Genie 3.0 Final RC

Just minutes ago, we uploaded what we hope is the final Release Candidate to our sourceforge.net download area. A huge number of issues has been fixed from RC1 -> RC4, and just RC3 -> RC4 has seen over 50 bugfixes and changes.

Luckily, most of the changes were minor and really not all that “important” from a functionality point of view – but we’ve put all our effort into making the 3.0 release a top-quality release. We’ve been using it on .com since RC3, and so far it has outdone even our most ambitious expectations. Stable, (relatively) fast and a lot easier to use than our 2.1 tracker, the 3.0 release has shaped up to be what we all hoped it would: A top-notch, more polished than ever release. Unfortunately, we haven’t been able to keep our promise about non-backwards-compatible changes between the RCs. To be sure that you’re running smoothly, please contact us for information on how to upgrade your installations, wait for the separate news item, or pop by the live chat. We’re here to help.

On a related note, we’ve received well over 200 bug reports and enhancement requests since we started publishing the release candidates, and the testing effort done by our dedicated testing team has been outstanding (more on that in a separate news item)!

The Release Candidate we’ve put up now – RC4 – is good to go. Really – this should be stable enough to release as a final version. Prove us right.

Almost there

The move to our new hosting provider has now been completed, with the forums and the tracker now migrated – and as an added bonus, the bug tracker is running the latest and greatest v3. It hasn’t been completely finalized just yet, so we’re seeing many of the same last issues you are, but it is being continuously updated as fixes are coming in.

We’ll do another RC before the weekend, which will hopefully be the last one. You guys are doing some awesome testing, and we’re fixing pretty much everything you report 🙂


Locked on!

If you’re following development of v3 closely, you may have seen a noticable increase in bugs fixed and issues closed this week. With the whole team in “get it ready”-mode, bugs are being squashed like never before. All of us in the core team are working as hard as we can to get v3 released as soon – and as bug-free as possible.

If you haven’t already done so, please take the RC for a spin, or wait for the new RC coming tomorrow. We’re closing bugs left and right these days, thanks to the effort you guys are putting into testing.