First of all, I just have to say sorry for not keeping this blog more up-to-date. There has been much to do with both life and work, and little time to blog. That’s about to change, so this blog post should hopefully work to liven up the blog again.
Now, with that out of the way, you’re probably wondering what is happening with the next planned version – version 3.3 – originally scheduled for release early this year. As you may have noticed, instead of launching version 3.3, I started a donation campaign to try and attract some attention to the fact that The Bug Genie is unfortunately a one-man show nowadays with little help from the outside. I will tell you how that went in a different blog post, but rest assured that version 3.3 is coming, and it’s closer now than it was in January!
When you upgrade from 3.2 to 3.3, you will probably not notice anything new directly on the frontpage – but as soon as you start navigating around, you’ll see what’s been keeping us busy.
Continue reading “Introduction to 3.3 – part 1”
Our apologies to those wishing to use the mercurial hook who have been unable to find it. We have restored the hook, and it is now available again by clicking Modules Library in the footer.
If you’re not following us on Twitter, Facebook or Google+, you could be excused for not noticing, but we just released the final version 3.2! No more beta, no more release candidate – just the final, real thing.
Get it, here: http://www.thebuggenie.com, and tell us what you think!
Just before we’re about to release our highly anticipated 3.2 version, we found time to do a code-wise small, but impact-wise potentially bigger 3.1.x release. We backported a minor cache fix in our DB layer that may significantly increase the speed for many of you. If you’re experiencing delays (not db index related) or slowdowns, please upgrade to this version (it’s a recommended upgrade anyway) to fix this.
Also in this release is a bugfix for #1419 about non-existing linked articles, a minor bugfix for gmp_val() and a fix for the CLI.
Go get it, here: http://thebuggenie.com/download
In the first and the second blog post in this series, we’ve taken a good look at the generic theme changes and how we’ve worked to improve project management in 3.2. This post will highlight many of the changes we’ve made to the actual issue management. Let’s dive right in!
Continue reading “So, what does it look like – part 3”
In the first post, we looked out some of the first differences you’ll notice after upgrading to 3.2. This post we’ll look at some of the more functional-related changes we’ve made in 3.2, more specifically how we’ve made managing projects easier, faster and better.
Continue reading “So, what does it look like – part 2”
In the middle of the hectic 3.2 release development, we’ve released a bugfix release for 3.1.x. This release only contains a few (quite visible) bugfixes, and is a recommended upgrade if you’re running 3.1.x.
- Fixes an issue where comments did not appear to be added
- Fixes an issue where removed / non-existant project roles caused project editing to fail
You can download this release from our download page now!